Ian H. Hutchinson
Nuclear Science and Engineering and
Plasma Science and Fusion Center
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
File of public key: http://silas.psfc.mit.edu/ihutch.asc
Download and use with gpg to send me securely encrypted mail, or
verify signed documents I sent you. (Alternatively ask a keyserver such as
pgp.mit.edu for "Ian H Hutchinson".)
See my new
Monopolizing Knowledge an exploration and repudiation of
Scientism, the erroneous belief that all real knowledge is
Or buy it at Amazon.
Science and technology interests:
- Fusion Energy: Toroidal magnetic confinement experiments. Tokamak control.
- Plasma Physics: MHD equilibrium and stability, divertor
- Interaction of flowing plasma with absorbing bodies such as
probes, dust particles, or moons.
- Plasma diagnostic measurements. The second edition of my book
Principles of Plasma Diagnostics was published in 2002.
- Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion
: I am an International Advisor to this journal, one of the top three
Plasma Physics journals in the world.
Other intellectual interests:
Relationship between science and Christianity various
talks and presentations
The Faith of Great Scientists, Occasional MIT IAP Discussion Seminar.
Nuclear Energy. I am a frequent commentator in the media and universities.
Personal Home Page.